UbuntuNet Alliance is the regional research and education networking organisation for Eastern and Southern Africa. It builds and operates UbuntuNet, the regional high speed Internet backbone network for Eastern and Southern Africa. UbuntuNet Alliance is registered in Malawi as a not-for-profit association of National Research and Education Networks (NRENs) in Africa with the aim of providing a secure data communications network that supports research, teaching and learning in the region. Membership of the Alliance includes NRENs of the following countries: Botswana, Burundi, DRC, Ethiopia, Kenya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, Rwanda, Somalia, South Africa, Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe. The member NRENs work together in promoting internetworking for the purposes of research, education and innovation, but also welcomes not-for-profit transnational research and education organisations. UbuntuNet Alliance has its headquarters in Lilongwe, Malawi while the Network Operations Centre is located in Kampala, Uganda.
UbuntuNet Alliance is seeking to engage the services of suitably qualified firms to submit proposals for External Audit services tenable at its Head Office in Lilongwe, Malawi:
UbuntuNet Alliance requires the services of an External Auditor to carry out the annual audit and issue audit reports of its financial statements for the year ending December 31, 2022 and the following two years. Therefore, suitably qualified audit firms are invited to submit their proposals which should include the following:
- The relevant experience and expertise of the firm in conducting audits of not-for-profit business organizations;
- Experience in conducting expenditure verification on European Union funded projects;
- Audit approach and methodology;
- Demonstration of ability to meet deadlines;
- The firm’s references of relevant services carried out in the last three years;
- Firms should identify prospective audit partner and manager for the assignment and detail their experience and qualifications;
- Audit fee for 3 consecutive years;
Deadline for submission of Proposals
The application letters and external audit proposals should be submitted in a single PDF or Word Document attached to an email, addressed to the Finance and Administration Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 8th March 2022.