Recently admitted member of the Alliance, the Botswana Research and Education Network (BotsREN), has constituted its first Executive Committee to spearhead its operationalisation in the country. BotsREN was admitted as the 17th member of the Alliance in December 2019 and instituted an interim committee to run its affairs.
At its Annual General Meeting held in December 2021, BotsREN elected a substantive Executive Committee whose members are:
- Prof. Shedden Masupe – Chairperson
- Mr Seretse Bagopi – Vice Chairperson
- Mr Gabathuse Blackie Molelu – Secretary
- Mr Salini Bafaneli – Vice-Secretary
- Ms Patricia Yezo – Treasurer
- Mr Asalepele Tobedza – Member
- Ms Tebogo Synat Gwaila- Morolong – Member
- Ms B.G Nchabe – Member
- Ms Pono Saubi – Member
BotsREN is also the local host for the UbuntuNet Connect 2022 conference, scheduled to be held in Gabarone in November 23-25, 2022.