Due to the unprecedented circumstances during the COVID-19 pandemic, to protect the health and well being of IST-Africa Community Members, IST-Africa 2020 will take place as a virtual event from 18 – 22 May.
The Final Programme incorporates 31 thematically focused sessions featuring over 95 presenters from public, private, education and research organisations in 21 countries as a single track event from 18 – 22 May. It incorporates a mix of plenary presentations and thematic paper sessions presenting results across the conference thematic areas.
Plenary Presentations include:
· Welcome Address – Hon. Elioda Tumwesigye, Minister for Science, Technology and Innovation, Uganda
· Dr Phil Mjwara, Director General, Department of Science and Innovation, South Africa
· Research and Innovation for Sustainable Development – Future Perspectives – Fadila Boughanemi, Deputy Head, International Cooperation II (Asia, Africa, Middle East & External Relations), DG Research and Innovation, European Commission
· The Digital Transformation Strategy for Africa (2020-30) – Moses Bayingana, Senior Policy Officer for ICT, African Union Commission
· AfricaConnect: a Past, Present and Future Success Story for African Research and Education, Tom Fryer, Head of International Relations, GÉANT
· SAIS 2 – Supporting Innovation and Entrepreneurship in Southern Africa – Ilari Lindy, SAIS2, Namibia
· IEEE Humanitarian Activities Committee – Supporting Sustainable Development – Paul Kostek, IEEE Humanitarian Activities Committee Events Chair
· IEEE Africa Council – Vincent Kaabunga, IEEE Africa Council Chair
Thematic areas addressed in the Final Programme includes:
· Monday 18 May – eInfrastructure, Global Development, Societal Implications of Technology
· Tuesday 19 May – eGovernment, Content Technologies, eHealth
· Wednesday 20 May – Entrepreneurship, Next Generation Computing, CyberSecurity
· Thursday 21 May – Technology-enhanced Learning
· Friday 22 May – eAgriculture, Environment Sustainability
The Final Programme can be downloaded as a pdf from http://www.ist-africa.org/Conference2020/files/ISTAfrica2020_FinalProgramme.pdf
EARLY BIRD REGISTRATION
Delegates who have not registered to date can avail of discounted early bird registration fees up to 14 May. See http://www.ist-africa.org/Conference2020/default.asp?page=registration for more details.